Medical and Emergency Plans for Events
When planning an event, you’ve done your research on the best caterers, transportation providers, and rental companies. Your team knows the agenda, all about the room blocks and the flight schedules. But do you know who will handle medical care and emergencies? Regardless of industry, we encourage all our clients to ask, “what is our medical care and emergency plan?”
Here are some questions to ask to help you prepare for your event:
- Does this event require medical presence? What are the minimum requirements?
- Will my medical vendor provide first aid or emergency response only?
- Are there people trained in CPR attending the event?
- Is there an AED at my event location?
- When someone is injured, what is our team’s communication plan?
- Where will we refer someone who requires medical attention?
- Do we have an incident command center set up?
- Is sharps and biohazard disposal available for attendee’s medical needs?
It’s important to ensure event planners and stakeholders are collaboratively developing a response plan that includes the answers to these questions and that everyone involved knows their role.
This can be a difficult task when juggling other event priorities – but the health and safety of attendees and staff is required for your event to be a success. We hope you never have to implement your plans, but if you do, you’ll be well prepared, and the show can go on!
If you’re looking for guidance in developing your plan, Any1Health can help! We have industry-leading experience across many industries creating health and safety plans, creating tabletop scenario sessions, and educating teams on best practices for medical support and emergency response. Send us a message to learn more!